* You must be already working in China, we do not provide relocation.
* You must speak Mandarin Chinese.
Under general supervision, the Sr. Database Administrator will be responsible for the installation, configuration, upgrade, administration, monitoring and maintenance of databases in the company. The role includes the development and design of database strategies, system monitoring and improving database performance and capacity, and planning for future expansion requirements. They may also plan, co-ordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the database.
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers verbally
- Developing database queries for applications and programs as needed
- Diagnosing database problems and coming up with resolutions
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information
- Maintaining archived data
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Contacting database vendor for technical support
- Generating various reports by querying from database as per need.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of SQL and experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Strong knowledge of relational databases
- Strong knowledge of T-SQL and database programming
- Full understanding of database transactions and how they work.
- Experience in optimizing query plans
- Experience in database security
- Experience in working with SQL profiler
- Experience in working with high traffic databases
- Experience in setting up and managing fail-over clusters
- Experience in developing and managing SSIS packages
- Experience in database mirroring and replications
- Generally requires a minimum of five (5) to ten (10) years of experience with the Microsoft SQL Server. Experience in working with MySQL, NOSQL databases would be a huge advantage.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. An emphasis in Computer Science is preferred