The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for contributing to the reporting and analytics framework of iHerb. This critical role will work with business units to identify analytical needs in order to effectively define metrics and KPIs, automate reporting, and create data visualizations. Through consistent data analysis this role will help uncover underlying opportunities, trends, and insights that will help business units make data driven backed decisions and drive strategy.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to obtain information for ad-hoc/routine reporting and analysis needs. Consider needs and ask incisive questions to uncover requirements in order to provide effective solutions
- Develop dashboards that provide a clear view of the business by visually translating complicated data into actionable insights
- Writing complex SQL queries to create tables, views, and stored procedures in SQL Server that will house the necessary data to feed Tableau dashboards and other reporting tools
- Conduct quality assurance checks across new and existing databases to ensure data integrity and freshness across all reports
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis that provides meaningful insights and synthesized recommendations to support informed decision-making
- Communicate data related information succinctly and effectively that is geared to the intended audience for maximum benefit
- Monitor published information regularly and follow-up timely when corrections are necessary to ensure reporting accuracy and integrity at all times
- Work in unison with Business Systems and DBA teams to define data and develop data architecture for the purpose of producing reports efficiently and accurately
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient with SQL and the ability to combine multiple data sources to create a single source of truth
- Proven capability to present data analysis findings to business stakeholders in a concise and informative manner with actionable outcomes
- Proficiency writing complex and efficient SQL scripts.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and G Suite office tools.
- Ability to perform analysis with data supported conclusions
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Capable of thriving in a fast paced organization with competing priorities amongst supported stakeholders
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to organize and prioritize work, meet tight dead-lines
- Proponent of developing a data-driven culture and supporting other team members
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- 3 years of relevant experience in business intelligence/data analytics, preferably with "hybrid" experience combining technology and finance.
- Experience extracting, cleansing, and validating data using SQL.
- Experience developing reports and dashboards utilizing visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, and SSRS.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, or a related field, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Knowledgeable in web analytics and experience working with Google Analytics data
- Understanding of marketing and product analytics with the ability to conduct analysis related to customer journey, user activity, product/feature & marketing performance and digital analytics
- Experience with working in BigQuery and Data Studio
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
Our Story, Our Vision
Since 1996, the foundation of iHerb, has continued its mission, built on providing a wide selection of health and wellness products to individuals around the globe at a reasonable cost. iHerb remains vigilant in its pursuit to ensure it maintains an expansive selection of over 35,000 online products to its customers. We are continuously innovating and expanding, committed to adding distribution centers around the world. Our vision is to be the dominant health and wellness brand globally and to provide the best value for natural products.
Come Join Our Team!
iHerb is a fast paced, fast growing company looking for a candidate that is up for the task! The Training and Development Manager is someone who is not afraid to be creative and is looking to assist in developing our team to make it the best we can be starting all the way from the top! If you are looking to really make a position for yourself in a work hard, play hard atmosphere, make sure to submit your resume!View our Careers Video