Our Story, Our Vision
Since 1996, iHerb has continued its mission, built on providing a wide selection of health and wellness products to individuals around the globe at a reasonable cost. iHerb remains vigilant in its pursuit to ensure it maintains an expansive selection of over 30,000 online products to its customers. We are continuously innovating and expanding, committed to bringing the best in healthy products around the world. Our vision is to be the dominant health and wellness brand globally and to provide the best value for natural products. View our LinkedIn!
The Director, General Merchandise Manager (GMM) is responsible for fully managing assigned portfolio’s merchandise direction and strategy to ensure the achievement of company business goals. Responsible for conceptualizing and developing the merchandise strategy, developing & leading a high-performance buying team, defining product assortment and promotional programs. The GMM ensures customer satisfaction, performance and profitability through execution of business plans that maximize sales, margin and return.
- Develop growth strategies for portfolios and oversee the development of categories rooted in a deep understanding of international customer and competitive trends.
- Foster innovation by bringing ideas to market quickly while balancing growth potential against financial risk.
- Deliver sales and margin goals in assigned portfolios by growing market share and managing P&L targets.
- Vendor management to include: collaborating, interviewing, and negotiating with manufacturers and vendors to ensure strategies are aligned to drive profitable sales.
- Identify, build and develop high performing teams, and measure, and hold team members accountable to goals. Provide timely, objective/constructive feedback via performance reviews.
- Define and lead the execution of cross merchandising or iHerb inter-brand strategic initiatives.
- Compliance orientation to maintain integrity of data, systems and partnerships with vendors.
- Anticipates business opportunities, challenges and drives long-term strategies while maintaining a focus on shorter-term objectives.
- Continuously evaluates what’s important to the customer/client and develops products or solutions that exceed expectations.
- Skillfully persuades others to support important initiatives, gain alignment with our strategy and goals, and act in the best interests of the company.
- Develops and applies a deep personal knowledge of iHerb businesses, customers and clients.
- Challenges self and the organization to seek and promote leading edge solutions, create new opportunities, and be the market-maker.
- Makes timely and well-informed decisions that advance critical priorities, capitalize on new opportunities, and resolve problems.
- Works collaboratively and effectively with colleagues throughout the company
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record of driving transformational performance in a retail business through the implementation of innovative strategies to drive sales and margin.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Experience with Google Business Suite (e.g., Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms. etc.) preferred
- 10+ years of experience in retail of or consumer packaged goods, (experience in retail merchandising and/or management consulting a plus).
- 5+ years of experience managing a team (professional retail and/or digital merchandising/category management staff).
- Beauty, color, skincare, haircare related experience a plus
Bachelor’s degree in business or other related field, MBA preferred.