The Inventory Warehouse Department Manager will provide leadership and direction in a B2C high volume outbound, small parcel environment, supervise and coordinate activities of team members concerned with Inventory activities as it relates to order processing, either receipt or shipment. Maintain a safe, effective and orderly work environment, scheduling, continuous process improvement and maintaining positive vendor relationships.
- Supervise and coordinate work of inventory control department team members
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities to meet inventory accuracy requirements, and maintain high levels of inventory accuracy
- Issue clear and concise written and oral instructions
- Study, standardize and look for ways to improve procedures to better the efficiency of team members
- Maintain harmony among team members and resolve conflicts or grievances
- Confer and coordinate with other managers in the distribution center to ensure efforts and results support the overall mission and goals of the business
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment
- Document and maintain all warehouse procedures as they relate to inventory activities.
- Responsible for improving and maintaining the highest levels of inventory accuracy
- Responsible for evaluating and scheduling labor for warehouse needs
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating
- Plans, directs and coordinates all activities of the warehouse department in an organized, safe and sanitary work environment that is in compliance with the Company’s policies, OSHA and government regulations
- Monitors and manages all aspects of team member performance to include administering progressive discipline in accordance with company policies
- Contains and/or reduces cost and drives productivity within the department
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company
- Manages workflow to meet planned department productivity standards
- Train new or newly assigned team members in the proper methods and standard operating procedures of all job functions
- Work with various departments to improve inventory accuracy in all areas of the warehouse.
- Study data from the warehouse processes and the inventory control area in order to minimize any damage and shrinkage that may occur
- Make sure that inventory levels are maintained within proper guidelines resolve and report any discrepancies to management.
- Arrange the inventory in the most competent, well-organized and easily accessible way
- Identify areas of risk as it relates to theft and move high risk items to reduce the theft
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, analytical, self-management and goal setting skills
- Energetic team player with demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Kaizen or Six Sigma experience a plus
- A high level of computer literacy
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Programs (i.e.: Microsoft Work, Excel) and Google Office.
Generally requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of experience managing the inventory control function in a break pack warehouse environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field highly preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.