Job Summary: The Data Engineer - Data Platform will be passionate about all things data, working with extraordinary datasets, and utilizing the latest cloud technology to turn raw data into information
- Utilizes iHerb data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, etc.).
- Creates static/dynamic datasets based on technical requirements, profile data for quality
- Queries and transforms large datasets with a focus on performance.
- Builds robust, scalable data integration (ETL) pipelines using SQL, Integration Services, Alteryx, Python, Spark, any others.
- Works directly with iHerb business teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and other technologies.
- Works closely with PM and other upstream source system teams to address production issues.
- Improves ongoing reporting and analysis processes through automation, scale and best practice
- Translates business requirements and key performance indicators to technical documentation and feasible metrics.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- SQL Database and SQL Server
- Understanding of ETL, ELT, Informatica, AWS Glue, Google Cloud Dataprep, Talend and other tools as use case dictates.
- Attending daily scrum meetings
- Knowledge of Master Data Management specific to ETL processes..
Equipment Knowledge: Understanding of eCommerce, global scale networks and cloud architecture
- 7-10+ years of Data Platform expertise
- Some form of formal education (boot camp) in Computer Science, Software Development, Database or related technologies
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science is highly preferred.
Judgment/Reasoning Ability: Able to identify, troubleshoot and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy. Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when to escalate issues, as required, in a timely manner.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to talk and hear. The Team Member is frequently required to sit, walk, climb stairs, use hands and fingers, bend, stoop and reach with hands and arms. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. The Team Member may occasionally lift or move office products and supplies up to 25 pounds. Proper lifting techniques required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: The noise in the work environment is usually moderate. Other factors are:
- Hectic, fast-paced with multi-level distractions
- Professional, yet casual work environment
- Office / Warehouse environment
- Ability to work extended hours as required