The IT Ops Manager’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The IT Manager will plan, coordinate, direct and design Network and Systems of the organization. This role will manage Network, Systems, and Desktop teams. The IT Manager will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT network, systems, servers, PCs\laptops, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office automation tools
- Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT network, systems and desktop
- Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new technology implementations.
- Lead the system upgrades, updates, and security patches as needed.
- Work closely with the rest of IT Operation teams (Fulfillment, Application support, NOC, Training and Security) to ensure smooth deployment of new technology to organization as well as day to day operations.
- Work closely with DBA, DevOps, and development team to deploy and support servers in cloud and on prem
- Support cloud based tools such as unified communications, back ups, and collaboration tools
- Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives
- Manage vendor relationships
- Manage IT Systems, Network, and Desktop teams among multiple iHerb campuses
- Keep current with the latest technologies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong technical knowledge of virtualization (Vmware), cloud computing (AWS, GCP, Azure), MS Windows and linux servers and system management
- Strong technical knowledge in network technologies Wireless, SD WAN, MPLS and Data center.
- Experience with unified communication systems. Experience with Gsuite is plus
- Experience with collaboration tools.
- Experience with system backup tools such as Veeam and Druva
- Experience with deployment tools such as IBM Big Fix
- Experience with Jira
- Experience with Software Licensing
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct and direct research into IT issues and products as required
- High level of self-motivation
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Experience and Education Requirement:
- Requires a minimum six (5-7) years of experience managing an IT department.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or a related field required.