The Sr. Manager, Fulfillment Innovation, is responsible for the development and implementation of new technologies and innovative ideas for all facilities at iHerb. In this role, the Senior Manager, Fulfillment Innovation will lead the network in improving best practices utilizing robotics engineering, new fulfillment technologies and WMS/WES/WCS design/improvement to achieve operational goals. This position will lead, develop, and implement innovative technologies across all sites, while creating strategic plans for future operational performance throughout the Supply Chain. This position will have a significant impact on the company’s future operations and growth strategies with future plans of developing his/her own Innovation Team.
The Senior Manager, Fulfillment Innovation will provide support and influence to all Operational Directors. This will require a collaborative approach with all operations creating sustainable process improvement throughout the network. This role is instrumental in developing and maintaining innovative directives in each facility. The position will lead the network in existing operational improvements as well as design and build for new operations.
- Acts as an unwavering advocate of lean methodology; provides mentoring and support to all employees to bring about the necessary culture changes within the organization
- Assists in leading the organization, through cultural change, to embrace an environment of continuous improvement and employee engagement
- Coaches the organization on the use of Innovative Technologies and enhanced Best Practices
- Develop, implement process to close performance gaps and implement best practices
- Carrying out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping and cost analysis to determine project feasibility
- Drive value stream mapping to define “As-Is Analysis” and the transition to Future
- Performs other duties, as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong math, analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Management experience required, with supervisory experience required.
- Experience in project management with preference to facility design and start up, material handling design or industry engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, negotiation and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership team building and motivational skill including proven strong man management skills
- Excellent planning and project management skills; Experience in implementing Lean
- A minimum 10 years relevant work experience with Engineered Standards and Labor Management, with experience managing large scale, high velocity operations.
- Generally requires a minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Robotic Engineering or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.