The Embedded Engineer will help to deliver and maintain complex robotic systems working closely with other engineering functions (EE, SW, Systems integration, Layout, TPM). You’re a top-notch embedded developer, passionate about building and delivering solutions and you enjoy solving problems in innovative ways. You’ll work on robotic control systems including IO, Visions Systems, Safety Systems and more. Your passion to take on challenging collaborative solution development and your bias for action ensure the days fly by. Your curious mind, solid engineering fundamentals and good judgement earn you the respect of the team. We team solves ambiguous problems and are highly collaborative, and we move very fast.
- Participate as an active member of the firmware team, developing and maintaining the firmware base.
- Learn and master multiple components with the firmware environment, potentially including areas such as cameras, WiFi, security, navigation, sensors, and more
- Work with and lead firmware development of critical elements
- Cut through ambiguity with confidence
- Know what to focus on and apply your experience to complete the task
- Desire to take on new challenges and know where to find answers fast
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The ideal candidate has broad and deep technical knowledge, potentially ranging from experience with “big data” through to embedded systems and all points in between. This will include strong software design and implementation experience, as well as a deep understanding in some specialty areas such as wireless, networking, and an in-depth knowledge of Linux tools and architecture.
- This position will provide you with an opportunity to work across development teams to design to build solutions and critical products at massive scale.
- The following statements could be applied to describe your current work experience and breadth/depth of knowledge:
- You have a high level of technical skills required by your role and area of specialty: software development, network engineering, systems engineering, embedded development, or better still, a combination of all
- You possess, utilize, and teach best practices in embedded engineering and have a strong sense of making continuous improvements
- You have a capacity and tolerance for extreme context switching and interruptions while remaining productive and able to deliver to commitments
- You love solving problems and participate in efforts to promote improvements to overall quality and customer experience, providing effective guidance and leadership
- You help teams develop pragmatic solutions that achieve business requirements balanced against an acceptable level of risk
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS/MS/PhD in computer science or computer engineering or related discipline
- 3+ years of development experience within an embedded environment. This must include hands-on experience design, developing, and debugging production quality products
- Technical knowledge in at least one system of wireless, networking, or electro-mechanical control systems
- Familiar with building solutions that scale
- Understand product development phases and confidence to understand and make complex business/risk trade-off recommendations and decisions
- Demonstrable experience with Linux and C, and preferably experience with other RTOS systems as well
- Bonus: Hands-on knowledge of developing a product to be certified to the 61508 industrial safety standards or some other similar standards such as medical, automotive, or avionic