The primary role of the Senior Planner/Buyer is to develop, execute, monitor and manage the demand and supply plan for assigned goods or groups of goods. Tasked with using internal forecast data, historical system data and other inputs and insights to develop demand plans, along with providing purchase execution, guidance and management of supply plans required to support corporate goals and objectives. Along with these tasks, the Senior Planner/Buyer provides project management within the group across the various Supply Chain disciplines.
- Generate, review and analyze and manage system demand plan, demand history and business inputs to develop executable procurement plan in support of strategic objectives. Reviews, monitors and approves demand plans for product categories or other product groupings as assigned
- Execute strategic procurement plan using demand plan output, inventory and supplier metrics in support of strategic business objectives. Provides seasoned leadership within the supply execution process as required
- Support the company’s Merchandising and Marketing programs and initiatives to ensure adequate inventory is planned and available to support product launch, business initiatives, promotions and events. Perform supply chain project management activities related to these activities as assigned
- Establish, monitor and manage supplier delivery plans to achieve desired service levels, minimize stock-outs, working capital expense and delivery costs
- Work closely with system data management team to ensure system integrity of supply chain parameters and settings in support of approved business and working capital objectives
- Provide reporting, KPI updates and metric data related to supply chain indices as assigned
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive functional knowledge of planning, forecasting, purchasing execution and supplier relationship management, along with related supply chain areas
- Understanding and proficiency using technology tools that enable demand and supply planning and reporting, along with collaboration with external stakeholders
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong mathematical / statistical abilities
- Proficient with Excel
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Provides leadership and mentoring approach within work group
- Generates, validates and prioritizes value propositions for areas of opportunity to improve financial and service metrics across supply chain functional areas
- Consistently resolves conflict and persuades others to resolve conflict without requiring elevation
- Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Planning and ERP systems preferred
Minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience required, preferably in an e-commerce environment. Natural Products experience a plus.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience required. APICS Membership and participation encouraged. Certified CPIM, CFPIM, or CSCP desired.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.