The Director of Global Quality will lead the global Quality function across the Distribution Operations of IHERB and its affiliates. IHERB distributes over 30,000 items in its portfolio, including private label and manufacturer branded products, utilizing a network of distribution centers and a state-of-the-art website. The Director of Global Quality is responsible for ensuring the Quality Management Systems (QMS) meet all applicable regulatory requirements and ISO standards and provides leadership, guidance and oversight to regional Quality leaders in the US and to site leaders across all locations worldwide. The Director of Global Quality will work with key internal and external stakeholders globally to improve customer satisfaction and optimize performance and will routinely interact with and serve as the primary contact for our customers and suppliers with respect to Quality-related matters. The Director of Global Quality will provide quarterly reports to the company’s Board of Directors or the Board’s designated committee to ensure that the business needs of IHERB are represented and company-wide functional issues are supported. This position reports to the General Counsel with a dotted line reporting to the Vice President of Operations.
• Lead the Quality function and regional Quality leaders and site leaders across the organization, including establishing organizational structures and policies that are uniformly deployed across IHERB. Lead, motivate and teach associates in the development of a customer-focused Culture of Quality that is based on industry-leading practices.
• Oversee the development and deployment of Quality Management Systems (QMS) at all locations. Acting to ensure site-to-site harmonization of documented systems that comply with the requirements of all regulatory standards and agency authorities to which IHERB is accountable, including the requirements of ISO 9001, and appropriate regulatory authorities.
• Directly interact with third party auditors, including ISO, or equivalent authorities of other nations, regulatory compliance agencies and customer auditors. Personally engage in audits and investigations when required. Build consensus and establish common ground in regard to regulatory challenges, and serve as the chief spokesperson in establishing resolution of issues with agencies, authorities and customers.
• Work with the Operations team to improve, compliance, safety and efficiency of our sites and operations.
• Serve as the Management Representative having the authority over and responsibility for: a) Ensuring that quality system requirements are effectively established and effectively maintained; and b) Reporting on the performance of the quality system to management with executive responsibility for review.
• Support the organization and directly interact with customers and suppliers, serving as the chief spokesperson for the Quality organization in Quality-related discussions.
• Interact with sourcing leaders to develop and implement supplier qualification and maintenance processes and performance management metrics and directly interact with suppliers as necessary to address Quality-related matters.
• Act continuously to reduce the cost of Quality, focusing on the provision of appropriate system and process controls.
• Work with Legal to promptly communicate and escalate material claims and issues.
• Establish and maintain metrics to measure performance against Quality objectives. Use the metrics to define and champion an on-going series of continuous improvement actions and initiatives.
• Performs all job duties in a safe manner and obeys all safety policies and procedures.
• Perform as a role model leader, acting in compliance with the IHERB’s code of conduct and adopting iHerb’s Guiding Principles in everything you do.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to work in a multinational/multicultural environment with strong global business acumen.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively present to all levels of an organization internally and externally and proactively work and cooperate with other departments, suppliers and customers.
• Demonstrated success with being results and proactive solution driven, with strong ability to think critically to overcome potential business hurdles to complete tasks.
• Courageous, outgoing, analytical, disciplined, agile, and team oriented.
• Willingness and ability to travel from 25-50%, including international.
• 10+ years of experience in Quality compliance.
• 5+ years of managing others in a matrix organizational structure.
• Application of Quality System Regulations (QSR), ISO 9001/ISO 13485 or similar experience.
• Demonstrated experience with FDA and Notified Body inspections.
• Medical Device or Pharmaceutical distribution experience is preferred.
Bachelor of Science or Art’s Degree in related technical or scientific field preferred.
MBA or other advanced degree is a plus.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.