The E-commerce Marketplace Manager for Korea will report to our GM of Korea Market and will be responsible for all aspects of third party marketplace assortment, managing listings, optimizing product visibility, researching new opportunities, analyzing data and growing revenue through the partner’s site. This role will impact Korean market’s growth strategy, working at both the strategic level and at the tactical level. This is a new partnership with a marketplace in Korea and as such you will need to be hands on with day to day management as well as collaborating with cross functional team members internally as well as externally with the partner’s teams.
- Define the product assortment strategy on partner’s website. Use the ability to define customer needs to create powerful merchandising plans that drive sales and support the brand. Identify the optimal product mix (breadth and depth), pricing, exclusive partner-only promotion opportunities and other components required to drive sales.
- Collaborate with partner team and iHerb’s Marketing, IT, and Content teams to develop and execute online merchandising assortment, product content, pricing & promotional calendar to achieve sales and margin goals.
- Detailed development and management of listings (title, description, images, reviews, prices, product specs, customer questions, etc.) to increase product ranking and sales.
- Collaborate with partner to drive traffic through ongoing marketing campaigns.
- Report daily, weekly results, and progress against sales plan. Analyze reports from the partner, translate findings into insights and actionable growth tactics.
- Monitor and analyze KPIs (visits, conversation rate, cost analysis, return rate, etc.).
- Compare past and current sales trends to determine future inventory demand.
- Work with partner to maximize conversion rate and average order value.
- Communicate effectively both internally and externally to meet customer needs and expectations.
- Proactively research partner’s site to ensure accuracy and delivery of our content, while continuously looking at ways to improve our brand position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Self-starter with experience managing projects from inception to completion.
- Strong attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials, establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Data-driven with proven track record of turning insights into action.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years of Korean e-commerce experience from open market (such as 11 Street, Gmarket, Auction, etc.) with proven success managing store initiatives from conception to implementation to delivery with quantifiable results
- Experience in e-commerce marketing analytics
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficient with Google Office and Microsoft Office
- Prior experience in e-commerce (health, beauty categories) is a plus
- Location is Seoul, Korea