iHerb is a multi-channel retailer of vitamins, nutrition, supplements and natural products. With over 30,000 products on our website and distribution to over 150 countries we are disrupting the E-Commerce industry with our low costs and quick delivery. Located in the business capital of Orange County, iHerb-Technology is less than 15 minutes from the beautiful California coast. We are a thriving company, only looking for the best talent. We are looking for dedicated employees to help expand our business.
We are a highly distributed e-commerce company with several different in-house developed systems that deal with the huge volume of data flowing throughout the system. We are looking for an IT Procurement Buyer to represent the procurement function on IT related projects in the procurement of hardware, software and related services. This team member will drive the category strategy and sourcing process while working closely with IT leadership and various teams
- You have experience with Procurement Sourcing, Negotiating and Contract Create
- You have an understanding of IT Hardware & Software sourcing and value optimization
- You are able to manage supplier performance and drive improvement programs where required
- You have an understanding of IT acumen and knowledge of most basic system process, terminology and best practices
- You have at least 3-5 years of IT Procurement experience
- You have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business
- Work with IT management and team to define procurement strategies
- Support IT department strategies and value based objectives
- Provide all necessary activities to meet targeted timelines and costs while adhering to the strategies established by IT management or strategic procurement
- Use cloud based IHerb approved processes and tools to support business initiatives and internal customers
- Liaise with sourcing partners to execute agreements
- Participate in the review process of specifications for equipment, products or substitution of materials
- Review and evaluate specifications for issuing and awarding bids in conjunction with sales and operations
- Identify, negotiate and contract with providers to drive cost effective relationships Draft and negotiate approved iHerb IT contract forms with vendors independently under supervision of Corporate Counsel
- Analyze and stay current with market trends
- Conduct audits of IT procedures, assets and licenses involving company owned tools, off – site inventory, or equipment being held by suppliers
- Assist in the maintenance, update and disposition of the software license database
- Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against suppliers
What we offer:
- An opportunity to get involved and build the tech foundation in a highly elastic distributed system deployed across 17 different datacenters in 3 different clouds.
- Competitive compensation
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Equity award program