iHerb is one of the leading global e-commerce retailers with its emphasis on Nutritional and Wellness products. Our mission is simple…providing the best overall value for natural products through "e-simplicity." Our values can be best defined as an environment in constant and continuous pursuit to conscientiously meet the needs of our customers, business partners, and team members while doing our part to safeguard the environment.
As part of the design team, you are empowered and encouraged to be the customer advocate. Your work will play a vital role in supporting a global brand and bring innovative ideas to the table. This position requires excellent attention to detail, qualitative and quantitative research, and ability to manage multiple stakeholders to deliver results. Your designs & solutions will have a direct impact to the success of the company moving forward into the future.
A successful candidate for this position is a highly motivated UX hybrid with working knowledge of e-commerce / online shopping platforms. Through a combination of drive, data & creativity aligned with company-wide business goals this individual will design and develop solutions that provide customers with the best possible shopping experience.
- Designing solutions for an international e-commerce platform.
- Partner with multiple stakeholders to accomplish business goals & objectives
- Utilizing customer data and insights to drive innovation
- Access data to design and refine intuitive and highly functional flows across all platforms
- Clearly presenting and communicating the creative vision and business thinking behind concepts in a coherent and inspiring manner. Be a user experience evangelist.
- Align how our design strategy impacts our customers & business goals.
- Be able to collaborate with a team in order to accomplish business goals.
- Reference industry best practices and trends, but not be afraid to be disruptive.
- Meet and exceed in the delivery of key project goals.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with business partners and other technology teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of how to use data to interpret & measure outcomes.
- Deep knowledge of web and mobile design techniques.
- Deep knowledge and experience of user and market research.
- Balance needs for efficiency and speed.
- An online portfolio demonstrating your abilities.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills required.
- Exceptional customer service orientation and collaboration skills.
- Significant technical expertise, business sense and partnership with multiple departments.
- Proficient at gathering both internal and external data and turn it into decision making tools.
- Ability to work in a fast paced startup environment that runs in an agile manner.
Experience and Education:
- You have 1-3+ years of experience designing consumer-facing products for web and mobile.
- 1-3 years designing user experiences and interaction design for web & mobile applications.
- Experience in e-commerce preferred.
- International experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of web/mobile technologies a plus.
- Experience conducting moderated/unmoderated user testing, ux research a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HCI, Design, or Information Science, or comparable working experience.