The Director of Safety and Security will be responsible for partnering with management to execute company safety and security policies and ensure compliance to all applicable federal, state and local regulations. The Director of Safety and Security will also be responsible for the planning and execution of all training programs in warehouse and office locations. The Director of Safety and Security must be able to lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce risk in our processes to ensure a safe and secure working environment for our team members. The Director of Safety and Security must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages. This position will identify and eliminate sources of theft through data analysis, comprehensive process knowledge, and investigative techniques. The position will effectively provide security services and asset (lives, buildings, equipment, data, & intellectual property) protection through design of physical infrastructure and processes in iHerb locations. This position will supervise the safety and security staff and will partner with cross functional teams.
- Oversee safety and security for iHerb and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e. lockout/tag out, confined space, fall protection, powered industrial vehicles and company policies and procedures.
- Leads safety and security team in audits of facilities, machinery, and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulatory compliance.
- Implement and assess hazard control methods, safety procedures, and accountability programs.
- Ensure Worker’s Compensation Claims Management program is administered in an effective and compliant manner.
- Provide assistance in all emergency situations.
- Develop a method to determine and prove all required training is effective.
- Oversee applicable reporting to management.
- Lead all efforts for safety and security communication and awareness.
- Coordinate with staff regarding materials and evidence for use in hearings, litigation, and insurance claim cases.
- Negotiate with vendors for best price and service.
- Oversee emergency response drills at all locations.
- Oversee safety incentive and recognition programs.
- Assures understanding of business goals in order to recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvements.
- Work closely with IT on security programs/initiatives.
- Directs all aspects of surveillance systems and partners on investigations.
- Possess a working knowledge of access control systems including data entry and badge printing.
- Oversee safety and security team with regard to contract Security Officers and ensure that they are performing.
- The ability to be comfortable with high volume workload and not be afraid to "roll up your sleeves"
- The ability to manage complex data streams to identify meaningful, actionable trends
- The ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously in a results-oriented manner
- Plan, schedule, and track project timelines and milestones
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Maintain good working relationship with all iHerb departments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements that govern worker health and safety; physical assessment and ergonomic skills; strong presentation skills for training required.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communications skills, proven ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Leadership skills.
- Previous experience in access control systems preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint) and Google functions.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Workday experience a plus.
- Generally requires minimum of ten (10) years safety, risk management, and security experience, preferably in a distribution/ecommerce environment.
- Minimum seven (7) years of supervisory experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.