The Global Logistics Specialist will coordinate with various international logistics companies to ensure international outbound shipments are processed fast and economically.
- Bilingual in Japanese required.
- Serve as subject matter expert demonstrating in-depth knowledge of market, culture, logistics-related regulations and policies, clearance procedures, etc. for the assigned lanes and carriers.
- Set-up new and continually improve existing processes for the assigned lanes and carriers.
- Perform research work, gather and analyze data for assigned lanes and projects
- Actively identify and scope new opportunities to improve how we serve customers and business processes
- Report any discrepancies of damaged or lost shipments, customs issues, and work with logistics vendors to ensure shipments are properly sent to their correct destination and on time
- Maintain freight expenses for assigned lanes and review invoices. Report any changes or billing issues with the department management team and Accounting Department
- Research lost shipments, broken items and track items between custom brokers and iHerb Logistics
- Manage lead times for assigned lanes and investigate delays with Global Logistics Freight Forwarding team, logistics carriers and customs brokers daily to ensure timely flow of the shipments
- Be responsible for trouble-shooting customs and any logistics related issues
- Perform audits to review logistics processes for the management team when needed
- Organize, maintain, and update website content for assigned lanes
- Support special projects when needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to take accountability for assigned lanes and assigned project deliverables
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Stress tolerance
- Excellent organization skills and ability to effectively multi-task
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of GSuite: Gmail, Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Meet, etc.
Requires a minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.