The Warehouse Department Manager will provide leadership and direction in a high volume outbound, B2C small parcel environment, supervise and coordinate activities of team members concerned with picking, packing, shipping, receiving, inventory control and fulfillment as it relates to preparing it for same day shipping both nationally and internationally via expedited carrier services, maintaining a safe, effective and orderly work environment, scheduling, continuous process improvement and maintaining positive vendor relationships.
- May order department supplies as needed
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate departmental activities to fulfill sales orders, meet inventory requirements, and deliver manufactured products in a timely fashion
- Issue written and oral instructions
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of team members
- Maintain harmony among team members and resolve grievances
- Confer with other managers in the distribution center to ensure coordination of other warehouse activities
- Confer with other managers outside of the distribution center to ensure coordination of other functions such as inventory management and quality assurance
- Maintain a safe and organized work environment
- Responsible for working with other departments to assist in resolving issues related to order fulfillment, inventory accuracy and invoicing
- Document and maintain all warehouse procedures as they relate to a receiving/replenishing/picking/packing/inventory/shipping environment
- Responsible for improving and maintaining inventory accuracy
- Responsible for evaluating and planning labor for upcoming warehouse needs
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring evaluating, organizing, integrating and delegating
- Plans, directs and coordinates all activities of the warehouse department in an organized, safe and sanitary work environment that is in compliance with the Company’s policies, OSHA and government regulations
- Monitors and manages all aspects of team member performance to include administering write-ups/counseling
- Contains and/or reduces cost and drives productivity within the department
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company
- Manages workflow to meet planned department productivity standards
- Managers and directs 3rd party vendor activities
- Train new or newly assigned team members in the proper methods and standard operating procedures of a job function
- Work closely with global logistics team and external shipping services to ensure on-time delivery of packages
- Ensure correct shipment of domestic, international and dangerous goods orders
- Completes special projects as determined
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills.
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, reading and understanding.
- Ability to work extended hours and weekend
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite Programs (i.e.: Microsoft Work, Excel) and Google Office.
Generally requires a minimum of three (3) to five (5) years of supervisory warehouse experience in an automated environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field highly preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.