Since 1996, iHerb, has continued its mission, built on providing a wide selection of health and wellness products to individuals around the globe at a reasonable cost. iHerb remains vigilant in its pursuit to ensure it maintains an expansive selection of over 30,000 online products to its customers. We are continuously innovating and expanding, committed to bringing the best in healthy products around the world. Our vision is to be the dominant health and wellness brand globally and to provide the best value for natural products.
At iHerb we strive for innovation, targeted at delivering the most customer-centric commitment while transforming the online shopping experience. We change direction and we define ourselves in the idea that individually we are incredible but united our growth is infinite. In a technologically progressive industry, iHerb strives to dominate a global market and the individual and collaborative efforts of our team members are paramount to the overall success.
What we are looking for:
iHerb is looking for a successor to collaborate with its current SVP, Human Resources. This position will be located in our Pasadena, CA headquarters.
Executive leadership is looking for someone to come on board that would take over this role in its entirety in roughly 4-6 months. The plan is to train this new individual and then for the SVP, Human Resources to serve as an internal consultant for the remaining 6-9 months of service. We’re looking for an individual in a current primary HR leadership #1 role with a current company (or a larger company that wants a change in a fast pace and rewarding atmosphere) or a current strong HR Leadership #2 role that wants a #1 role in the very near future.
The Vice President, Human Resources is responsible for directing all people functions of the company in accordance with the policies and practices of the company, the ethical and social consciences of business, and all laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental authorities and organizations. The incumbent will also be responsible for strategic human resource planning to provide the company with the best people talent available and to position the company as the Employer of Choice by being aware of policies, practices and trends within the industry.
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of employee-focused programs (e.g., compensation, benefits, training) that help the organization attract and retain top talent and reinforce company culture/values
- Strategically partner with the business managers to enhance performance management, communication, and workforce productivity and translate the strategic and tactical business plans into HR strategic and operational plans
- Develop staffing strategies and implementation plans and programs to identify talent within and outside the corporation for positions of responsibility. Identify appropriate and effective external sources for candidates for all levels within the company
- Develop programs to allow the company to embrace applicants and employees of all backgrounds and to permit the full development and performance of all employees
- Develop human resource planning models to identify competency, knowledge and talent gaps and develop specific programs for the filling of the gaps. Areas of activity will include talent management through proper succession planning programs for key contributor and management positions, training and development programs for preparing employees for more significant responsibilities and general business development programs to enhance employee knowledge and understanding of the business of the company and the warehousing industry
- Develop appropriate policies and programs for effective management of the people resources of the corporation. Included in this area but not limited only to the following would be programs for employee relations, sexual harassment, employee complaints, external education and career development
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce human resources policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation. In particular, manage the human resource information systems database and necessary reports for critical analyses of the HR function and the people resources of the corporation
- Maintain knowledge of international HR policies, programs, laws and issues. Understand the differences of domestic and international policies and programs and coordinate the integration of all such programs
- Manage the budget and other financial measures of the Human Resources Department
- Evaluation of the human resource division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as providing individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) for individuals
- Lead HR area of domestic and international expansion
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong leadership attributes are a primary requirement
- Appropriate industry human resource management experience, preferably in the e-commerce field
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image
- A strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex human resource related documents
- Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to employee groups, management at all levels of the company and occasionally to the Board and outside organizations
- Knowledge and use of G Suite
- Experience with Workday system a plus
Generally, requires a minimum of fifteen (15) years of human resource or related experience with ten years of management experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, HR Management, Organizational Management or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. Master’s degree preferred