The role of the Social Media Manager is to develop and execute Love Letter’s global social media strategy.
- Manage Love letter’s social media accounts which include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, as well as creating new and country specific accounts as demand requires.
- Create, optimize, and report on all social media campaigns, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Recruit & manage Love Letter influencers, bloggers, and brand advocates.
- Evaluate emerging social media tools to see how they can be incorporated into the company’s business, marketing, and public relations strategies.
- Manage relationships and ongoing communication with social media & vendor account teams.
- Measure the effectiveness of marketing and advertising campaigns.
- Serve as an internal champion and expert in social policy as it relates to employees, user generated content, privacy, contests, and campaigns.
- Collaborate with other teams at Love Letter to implement market-specific campaigns.
- Ensure brand messages are consistent throughout the channels.
- Stay abreast of emerging social media opportunities.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Requires a solid understanding of digital marketing strategies, tactics, trends, and processes
- Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy and a clear, courteous and professional manner when dealing with internal departments and the general public
- Strong command of social monitoring and reporting tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Social Platform Interface and Sprout Social
- Knowledge of Google Products; Drive, Google Docs and Google Sheets
- Basic knowledge of Excel
- Basic knowledge of Google Analytics
- Basic knowledge of Tableau (or similar)
Experience and Education Requirements:
- 4-6 years of experience, preferably in a mid-to-large scale e-commerce company or with a marketing agency managing similar size campaigns.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or Computer Science or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
Our Story, Our Vision
Since 1996, the foundation of iHerb, has continued its mission, built on providing a wide selection of health and wellness products to individuals around the globe at a reasonable cost. iHerb remains vigilant in its pursuit to ensure it maintains an expansive selection of over 35,000 online products to its customers. We are continuously innovating and expanding, committed to adding distribution centers around the world. Our vision is to be the dominant health and wellness brand globally and to provide the best value for natural products.
Come Join Our Team!
iHerb is a fast paced, fast growing company looking for a candidate that is up for the task! The Training and Development Manager is someone who is not afraid to be creative and is looking to assist in developing our team to make it the best we can be starting all the way from the top! If you are looking to really make a position for yourself in a work hard, play hard atmosphere, make sure to submit your resume!View our Careers Video