Under general supervision, the Material Handler prepares, processes, and moves merchandise productively and accurately according to established guidelines in order to meet department standards. Works independently and in a team, as assigned, and moves between job functions as needed. Practices safety awareness; order consolidation, picking, packing, replenishment, shipping, receiving, inventorying, and re-warehousing. Processing must be completed in a timely manner to maintain established department standards/goals. Provides and processes information in response to inquiries, concerns and/or requests about our products and services by doing the following duties. The Material Handler will have basic understanding of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Follow all Safety and applicable Policies and Procedures
- Loads and unloads trailers, scans merchandise, builds pallets and labels merchandise
- Picks, packs and sorts products
- Re-bags/Re-tickets, replenishes and/or stocks merchandise as needed
- Verifies accuracy of production or location; may set or assign locations of products
- Performs manual, computer or RF functions to enter data in systems
- Performs count of product / reconciliations (count cycle)
- Adheres to company policies and procedures; follows department training guidelines, best practices and operating procedures
- Keeps work area neat and clean
- Maintains standards of appearance according to department dress code
- Works well with fellow Associates, Leads, Supervisors and Managers
- Follows all location Safety Guidelines
- Ensures equipment, skids, slips and other department supplies are maintained
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to follow instructions and take directions
- Ability to perform tasks consistently and accurately
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English
- Attention to detail
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- May be required (certified) to operator warehouse motor vehicles; including but not limited to: forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
- Ability to safely operate hand and power equipment according to procedure
- Ability to perform basic math and computer operations
Generally, requires a minimum of three (3) months of work experience.
High School Diploma or combination of education and equivalent work experience.