We are a highly distributed e-commerce company with several different in-house developed systems that deal with the huge volume of data flowing throughout the system. We are looking for a strong Senior Engineer to make an impact on our tech.
- You enjoy tackling complex challenges and coming up with solutions that account for how your component will be used in the future.
- You are willing to learn, adapt and master new programming languages, frameworks and technologies in a reasonable amount of time.
- You deliver. While you may appreciate inspiring conversations about problems and perfecting designs, you prioritize delivering a working scalable solution.
- You are a team player who takes pride in inspiring their team and communicating software architecture and design principles
- Extensive experience designing and developing scalable backend APIs.
- Intermediate knowledge of distributed systems(microservices, containers, cloud hosting, etc.)
- Fluency in multiple OO and scripting programming languages.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. An emphasis in Computer Science is preferred.
- A minimum of five to ten years of experience with software development.
- Experience working with different queueing and messaging technologies such as NATS, RabbitMQ, Kafka and ZeroMQ.
- Strong knowledge in CI/CD systems.
- Experience with multiple data stores such as Redis, MongoDB, ,Cassandra, SQL Server, MySQL and cloud-managed databases.
- Proficiency in .NET Core or Java.
What we offer:
- An opportunity to get involved and build the tech foundation in a highly elastic distributed system deployed across 17 different datacenters in 3 different clouds.
- Competitive compensation
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact.
- Flexible vacation policy.
- Equity award program