The Sr. Manager of Engineering, Project Management is responsible for all Industrial Engineering projects for fulfillment/distribution facilities at iHerb. In this role the Project Manager Engineering will contribute to the definition, development and implementation of iHerb’s supply chain strategy. This position will lead, develop, and implement best practices across all sites, while creating strategic opportunities involving Industrial Engineering, Labor Management, and physical infrastructure of all facilities, which includes all building mechanics, machinery and equipment that impacts the overall distribution’s productivity capabilities.
The position manages large scale investment projects and will be a key contributor in decisions on facility layout and design. All activities have implications on operational effectiveness of the Supply Chain.
- Acts as an unwavering advocate of lean methodology; provides mentoring and support to all employees to bring about the necessary culture changes within the organization.
- Assists in leading the organization, through cultural change, to embrace an environment of continuous improvement and employee engagement.
- Coaches the organization on the use of Lean / Continuous Improvement Tools.
- Develop and implement operations continuous improvement roadmap that includes a project selection list and yearly cost saving target or efficiency enhancement; and, work with the management team to deploy the plan.
- Conduct project review meetings.
- Develop, implement process to close performance gaps and implement best practices.
- Carrying out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping, develop budgets and cost analysis to determine project feasibility
- Drive value stream mapping to define “As-Is Analysis” and the transition to Future
- Advises Managers and Executives on gaps and opportunities for the integration of business system and process improvements, within and between work groups.
- Performs other duties, as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong math, analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Management experience required, with supervisory experience required.
- Experience in project management with preference to facility design and start up, material handling design or industry engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, negotiation and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership team building and motivational skill including proven strong man management skills
- Excellent planning and project management skills; Experience in implementing Lean
- A minimum 10 years relevant work experience with experience managing large scale capital intense projects.
- Generally requires a minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Industrial Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.