The Senior DevOps Engineer/Team Lead maintains the overall direction of the company’s production ecommerce & WMS infrastructure by identifying system requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring system performance; Operating System/Application installation; account monitoring; security and collaborating with the DevOps engineers. The Senior DevOps Engineer-Linux will be responsible for improving and maintaining website performance, monitoring website traffic, and be primary resource focused on new Linux/Unix initiatives.
- Oversee the sizing and infrastructure solutions for the Web & WMS environments
- Manages company website in private cloud, hosted cloud web services (AWS, RackSpace)
- Working with Irvine DevOps team and a willingness to learn and adopt best practices, new technologies and more.
- Works directly with software development to ensure quick resolutions to software issues
- Establishes Web system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of server hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
- Maintains Web system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, and operating and system management systems; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor.
- Establishes and monitors Content Delivery Network systems, monitors traffic and performance, maintains and improves performance of the website using CDN configurations.
- Monitors website traffic worldwide using global monitoring tools and identify and diagnose website accessibility in different regions.
- Maintains DNS servers and monitors DNS traffic.
- Monitors and analyses website traffic through analytic tools and reports any identified issues.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking emerging Internet technologies; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Some flexibility with PST Timezone and travel might be required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix Operating Systems, including but not limited to RHEL, Ubuntu, and CentOS.
- Experience with any cloud design and deployment like AWS, GCP, Azure, Aliyun
- Experience working Unix based Web Servers like NGINX and Apache
- Working knowledge of applications servers like WebLogic, OAS, Tomcat
- Experience writing shell scripts, php and other scripting languages
- One year experience working with Microsoft SQL Server databases and running queries.
- Build and support computer and/or network systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems.
- Solid English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Ability to work with high traffic websites, update, monitoring, and maintenance strategies.
- Strong knowledge of Domain Name System
- Strong knowledge of website security, cyber-attacks, and defense strategies
- Strong knowledge of HTTP protocol and IP concepts
- Ability to analyze web traffic and identify problems and unusual trends.
- Experience in working with NGINX installation, configuration and maintenance
- Experience in working with VMWare 5.0 and up
- Experience with Kubernetes clusters
- Experience in working with numerous storage solutions
- Experience in working with ASP.NET/MVC websites
- Experience in working with load balancers.
- Experience in working with DNS servers
- Experience in working with CDNs (e.g. Akamai)
- Experience in developing, installing, and maintaining HTTP modules in Apache
- Experience in mitigating DDoS attacks.
- Generally requires a minimum 7 years of experience in a DevOps Environment
- Bachelor’s Degree required. An emphasis in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems is preferred