iHerb is seeking a Director of CRM marketing who will own and scale our CRM and retention marketing program. This role will lead our email & mobile apps engagement team, and will own and drive execution of our customer lifecycle marketing strategies to build loyalty, cross-sell, increase lifetime value and reduce churn.
- Lead the CRM strategy and execution of all international lifecycle marketing communications
- Manage day-to-day efforts across email, In-app, push, and other communication channels
- Develop the experimentation, optimization and testing roadmap for marketing campaigns through email, app push and in-app notifications that directly impact user acquisition, engagement/retention, subscriber conversion, and churn.
- Own CRM KPIs, including deliverability, open rate, click rate, conversion rate, opt-out rate, revenue, as well as specific business goals around individual campaigns.
- Manage relationships with vendors for CRM/ESP, internal email, and other email marketing systems
- Create a best-in-class retention and engagement strategy by keeping up to date with latest trends
- Manage a regular performance reporting cadence to communicate initiatives and results to the broader organization
- Partner with teams across the organization (in particular Product, Tech, Data Science, BI and Paid Media) to drive maximum integration of all CRM marketing initiatives
- Develop and execute CRM strategies and communications in promotional, transactional, lifecycle, triggered and rewards-focused campaigns to drive retention, revenue growth, and win-backs
- Develop a deep understanding of what resonates with the users and create customer journeys
- Optimize business rules that automate and drive content, triggers, audience segmentation, channel selection, creative messaging and communications cadence
- Approve, establish and enforce direct communication rules and restrictions.
- Work with BI to report on activity and effectiveness of all retention and CRM efforts
- Collaborate closely with our country marketing managers to devise localized campaigns that resonate with specific geographic target groups.
- Set client retention strategy and develop and expand loyalty programs
- Leverage data science and marketing automation to distil customer insights and drive personalized experiences
- Inform and influence offers, promotions and journeys required to drive increased LTV. In particular, work to build save strategies and promotions to reduce churn and incentivize loyalty.
- Plan and supervise the content for all of our Email communications - Outreach, sales, transactional Emails, lifecycle Emails and more
- Grow and develop the CRM and email team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, drive change and collaborate effectively with a variety of individuals and teams
- Strong business acumen, quantitative analytical and personal communication skills
- Track record of developing successful, scalable Retention & CRM programs
- Expert in database segmentation strategies.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise email service provider platforms (ESPs)
Generally requires a minimum of
- Minimum 10 years of experience in marketing roles with a focus on Lifecycle and CRM
- 4+ years of experience managing, developing, and growing a team
- Deep expertise in ESP/CRM platforms, push notifications, and email best practices
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong technical experience with history of collaborating with engineering, data science, business intelligence, and more
- Ability to interpret data and derive insights to influence marketing strategy
- Experience working with executive leadership to explain and present the work of a Lifecycle/CRM team
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.