Director of Engineering works closely with the other directors in the department, software team , product team and DC operations to come with the design and implementation plan for new DC or improving the current or changing the design that can fulfill the client’s needs.
Director of Engineering is responsible for all the steps from gathering requirements, plan for brain storming meeting with all parties involved , create initial design layout , review the layout with all parties , simulate the design, and finally create the implementation plan and manage the project.
This included all manufacturing and installation needed during the project.
- Establish an atmosphere conducive to success, where all of the members are 100 percent certain about what's going on and what they should be working on
- As a Team player, Show Genuine Commitment , Be flexible , Be reliable and responsible , Actively listen , Keep your team and your manager informed , Always be ready to help , Support and respect others , Be a problem-solver and Recognize when you are wrong
- Acts as an unwavering advocate of lean methodology; provides mentoring and support to all employees to bring about the necessary culture changes within the organization
- Manage the design team through the determination of priorities, management of project work flow, and resource allocation
- Manage multiple process improvement teams; identify long-term initiatives to improve the efficiency of the design function.
- Assists in leading the organization, through cultural change, to embrace an environment of continuous improvement and employee engagement
- Coaches the organization on the use of Innovative Technologies and enhanced Best Practices
- Conduct project review meetings and associate ‘town hall’ meetings
- Develop, implement process to close performance gaps and implement best practices
- Carrying out advanced data collection and analysis for process mapping and cost analysis to determine project feasibility
- Drive value stream mapping to define “As-Is Analysis” and the transition to Future
- Performs other duties, as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of design, design software systems (AutoCAD,Solidworks, ArtiosCAD, TOPS, etc.), costing and material selection.
- Advance knowledge of Supply Chain and Material handling
- Advanced knowledge of office tools (Word,Excel , PowerPoint, …)
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong math, analytical, problem solving and project management skills
- Management experience required, with supervisory experience required.
- Experience in project management with preference to facility design and start up, material handling design or industry engineering.
- Excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills, conflict resolution, negotiation and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership team building and motivational skill including proven strong man management skills
- Excellent planning and project management skills; Experience in implementing Lean
- A minimum 7 years relevant work experience with Supply Chain and Material Handling, with experience managing large scale, high velocity operations.
- Generally requires a minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Industrial Engineering of education or equivalent work experience.