The Safety Supervisor will be responsible for partnering with management to execute company safety policies and ensure compliance to all applicable local and regional regulations. The Safety Supervisor will also be responsible for the planning and execution of all training programs in the assigned warehouse and office location. This includes all hourly training and temporary warehouse team members, as well as exempts. The Safety Supervisor must be able to lead continuous improvement initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthful working environment for our team members. The Safety Supervisor must have the capability of both helping with the designing of training processes and related material, as well as facilitate the adult learning process with participants. A successful Safety Supervisor will demonstrate the ability to build trust and confidence with management and inspire change through providing comprehensive risk assessments and safety data analysis. The Safety Supervisor must be an effective communicator and send clear, concise and consistent messages, both verbally and in writing.
- Mange the warehouse safety effort and ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements, i.e. lockout/tag out, confined space, fall protection, powered industrial vehicles and company policies and procedures.
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices.
- Conduct inspections of the facility, machinery and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulatory compliance.
- Implement and administer hazard control methods and safety procedures.
- Implement and maintain warehouse management safety accountability program.
- Ensure Worker’s Compensation Claims Management program is administered in an effective and compliant manner in conjunction with the Corporate Safety Manager and Human Resources department including incident investigations, data analysis and recurrence prevention program and procedures.
- Respond and provide assistance in all emergency situations. Provide first aid to team members as needed and when feasible.
- Develop a method to determine and prove all required Safety training is effective and maintain all Safety training records as required by company policy and law. Manage electronic filing system of all safety documents.
- Work with Human Resources on team members leaving and returning from a Workers Compensation leave of absence.
- Review restrictions of injured team members and work with Human Resources and Operations department to determine if they can successfully return to work.
- Report and/or review findings from incident investigations and facility inspections.
- Plan and implement strategies for team member training, development and retention. Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of training and development.
- Monitor, measure and report on team member training and development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timeframes.
- Ensure safety training and all newly hired Company employees, agency employees, contractors, visitors and transferred employees (within the Company or within the facility) receive the appropriate training prior to beginning work.
- Spend at least 50% of the time on the warehouse floor/grounds scanning warehouse floor for potential hazards, speaking with team members and working with department managers to resolve potential safety hazards.
- Implement and lead a Safety Committee that will be a conduit for communication and awareness, including participating in Safety related projects.
- Coordinate with Corporate Safety Manager and management the preparation of materials and evidence for use in hearings, litigation, and insurance claim cases.
- Purchase and maintain the safety related inventory items, such as first aid supplies, drug & alcohol testing supplies and PPE needed for the facility.
- Conduct emergency response drills on an annual basis, report results to management, and implement identified corrective actions
- Safety incentive programs by compiling department results on a monthly basis and communicating results electronically and in writing. Provide recognition to department team members though monthly, quarterly, semi and annual celebrations.
- Use various communication tools and methods to create safety awareness, i.e. Safety Marque, iHerb Newsletter, CCTV, bulletin and electronic boards, etc.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements that govern worker health and safety; physical assessment and ergonomic skills; strong presentation skills for training required.
- Strong analytical skills’ excellent verbal and written communications skills’ proven ability to work and communicate with all levels of the organization; experience in a multi-shift operation a plus.
- Work hours will be flexible to support multiple shifts with dynamic changing business needs.
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- Proficient computer skills.
- Generally requires minimum of five (5) years safety experience in a manufacturing or distribution environment. Minimum three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management, Occupational Safety Environment and Health or related field preferred or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. OSHA 30-hour certification a plus.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders