The Jr. Developer will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. The Jr. Developer will develop high quality solutions across multiple platforms (web, mobile, tablet, etc.) with guidance and direction from other members of the development team. This role is going to be focused more on the middle and back tiers. Reporting to the Software Development Manager, the duties and responsibilities of the team include, but aren’t limited to:
- Develop solutions within the functional specifications while maintaining high standards of software quality
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain business applications.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Design, develop, and test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Assist with the packaging and support of the deployments.
- Evaluate the competitive landscape and research Development trends as it relates to our business and future platforms.
- Partner with our Product Owners, QA and Development teams to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation.
- Work with teammates in the migration of existing legacy code to current technologies and standards.
- Develop, refine and tune systems.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Provide third-level support to business users.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products the duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in C#/Java Programming
- Microsoft .Net Core is a plus
- Experience with developing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of development and performance best practices
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Concepts
- Experience with RDMS database such as MS SQL, Oracle, MySQL
- Experience with JQuery
- Experience with Git repository
- Experience in writing unit and integration tests with testing frameworks
- Familiarity with queue processing
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (MongoDB)
- Familiarity with Code analysis tools
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a developer role.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (emphasis in Computer Science is a plus)
- Understanding of MVC
- Microsoft .NET development is a plus
- Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- A general understanding of e-commerce
Generally requires a minimum 1 year of experience as a Developer or relevant University experience.
Bachelor’s Degree required. An emphasis in Computer Science is preferred