Under general supervision, IT Desktop Specialist will maintain and monitor end-user workstations and productivity on local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to end-user workstations, printers and network performance satisfying company and user requirements. Provide support to staff on all company-supported software and applications, including 3rd party and in-house developed applications. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues, determine source and advise on appropriate action. Complete project-based work. Provide support and guidance to team members. Develop and maintain proficiency in one or more technical specialties in the areas of Infrastructure, Applications or Security. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures. Mentor and assist in training new team members and ensure incident and request tickets are completed within documented SLA’s.
- Address incoming incidents and requests from end-users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous and professional manner working with all IT groups.
- Support and troubleshoot TCP/IP Networks, telephony and computer systems and applications to resolve issues and other operational difficulties
- Provide support to the end-user with the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and back office software solutions
- Support and maintain user level file, print and remote desktop servers.
- Work directly with other groups in the IT Organization to ensure quick resolutions to issues
- Investigate user issues and identify their source, test and implement best solution
- Manage and maintain the standard Desktop Image of all PC and laptop inventory for iHerb user base.
- Install, configure and maintain company computers, network printers, servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, software and systems
- Complete damaged equipment RMA process as needed
- Manage equipment lifecycle including maintaining accurate Asset Inventory.
- Take ownership of at least one area of technical specialty.
- Provide computer orientation to new and existing company team members
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical team members
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software
- Experience with SQL databases and ability to run queries in order to troubleshoot and resolve software issues
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations issues
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Generally requires a minimum of five (5) years of warehouse IT experience. Experience in server, network and telephony technical support preferred.
- Associates degree preferred. Microsoft (MCSA or MCSE) and/or Cisco (CCENT or CCNA) is a plus.