The Accounts Payable Manager is responsible for overseeing the entire accounts payable department.
- Daily supervision of the Accounts Payable Department managing multiple employees and a high volume of disbursements/invoices
- Directs and manages staff to provide accurate and timely processing and disbursement of vendor obligations while ensuring that internal controls and compliance requirements are operating effectively for all distribution centers (review system user access for proper segregation of duties)
- Ensure that vendor discounts are taken timely
- Review and approve daily payment runs
- Develops, implements and maintains systems, procedures and policies for the accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to company guidelines
- Leads the accounts payable team in driving continuous improvement and performance goals through the compilation of data analysis (i.e. discounts taken/lost), reporting tools and performance metrics (i.e. Tableau and NanoRep) and will be responsible for driving change management within the organization
- Ensures that employees receive continual training and evaluates them to enhance their performance, development, and work product
- Develop work incentive program based on performance metrics
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Addresses performance issues and makes recommendations for personnel actions
- Prepares related reconciliations for month end close process (including AP aging report and received not billed report tie outs to GL)
- Works closely with the purchasing and receiving departments to address issues and improve policies and procedures (i.e. monitoring vendor rebate programs)
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Work with the Corporate Controller to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit
- Support Corporate Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Experience with high volume AP transactions
· Experience with managing a large AP department (10+ team members)
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Generally requires a minimum of four (4) to ten (10) years of accounting experience with an emphasis in accounts payable with at least six (6) years in a supervisory role.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred, or a combination of experience and education required.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders