The Product Owner - WMS is responsible for the creation of new features and functionality from the idea stage to launch for iHerb’s Warehouse Management System (WMS). The Product Owner will be the liaison between different stakeholders to help create user stories and functional specifications to support user processes within WMS. The Product Owner is ultimately responsible for product functionality and usability and is able to communicate efficiently and effectively with engineer teams to make sure requirements are met.
- Gather and document both business and technical requirements via phone and in-person meetings with business partners
- Formulate and define project assumptions, objectives and scope based on customer needs and thorough understanding of business and technical requirements
- Prioritize and document product requirements, user stories and designs for feature enhancements for existing and new application modules while considering the needs of existing customers, competitive market offerings and our overall company strategy.
- Maintain and groom product backlog insuring user stories are well formed with acceptance criteria.
- Take an active role in working with development team(s) to insure defined user stories are reflected in their technical design as projects are broken down into development sprints.
- Take an active role in the estimation, sprint planning, daily scrum, and retrospective meetings.
- Communicate and coordinate with constituents on proposed solutions, project status and timeline for delivery.
- Deliver internal and external product training on new feature enhancements or modules.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expertise designing and implementing WMS solutions.
- Strong background and understanding of distribution processes, material flow, and human factors interaction
- Ability to multitask and thrives in a fast paced environment
- Customer first mentality with the knowledge to work with internal groups to improve business processes
- Excellent written/verbal communication and must work well with others
- Experience with global (US/China/Russia/Japan/Korea) retail e-commerce companies
- Good understanding working in Agile (SCRUM/Kanban) environment
Generally required 2-5 years of WMS design and implementation experience.
Bachelor’s Degree required. An emphasis in Industrial Engineering, Logistics, Supply Chain, or Computer Science related field is preferred