The Logistics Project Specialist will manage and execute multiple time-sensitive projects to meet business objectives of the Global Logistics team. Reporting to Global Logistics Manager, this position will manage projects through problem solving and coordination with stakeholders. Logistics Project Specialist will liaise with management on defining project scope, goals, and deliverables and executing defined projects. This position requires strong analytical and communication skills with advance Excel knowledge for data analytics.
- Manage projects from design through implementation that support growth and operational improvements for the company
- Identify, drive and develop best practices, efficiencies, and project workflows
- Perform day-to-day management of project development activities; prioritize, resolve issues and discrepancies as they surface
- Collaborate with applicable stakeholders
- Identify resource requirements required to implement a given project
- Plan and schedule the project activities
- Ensure that projects meet deadlines and escalation of issues which may impact successful implementation.
- Conduct data collection and analysis before, during, and after project completion
- Train staff to manage ongoing operations of implemented solutions when necessary
- Actively identify and scope new opportunities to improve how we serve customers and improve our business process
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient in software skills, including Word, Advanced Excel and Power Point
- Ability to collect, analyze and report on data needed for required for projects
- Detail oriented: attention to accuracy in this role is vital
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems
- Ability to apply knowledge of quality; use analytical thinking/techniques to solve problems
- Ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment
- Good understanding of how various areas integrate within the organization to achieve the business objectives
- Ability to self-motivate, work as a team player, and work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be comfortable with presenting information to people at multiple levels in and outside of iHerb
- Must be able to make evaluative judgments based on the analysis of information
- Identifies potential solutions through the application of technical experience guided by manager
- Ability to manage complex projects
- Understanding of business process workflows
Generally requires a minimum of one (1) year of project managing experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc. is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb. com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99. 9% issue free orders