A Business Intelligence Analyst is a vital member of our Business Intelligence team. This team member will work closely with other members of this finance team to create metrics and operating procedures across multiple business units in order to drive understanding of the underlying levels of growth. The ideal candidate will be a team-player who displays a “can-do” attitude and a professional demeanor by successfully cooperating with and inspiring others at all levels of the organization, both subordinates and superiors. The Business Intelligence Analyst will spend considerable time extracting, cleansing and validating substantial quantities of data. In possession of reliable data, they will develop visually inducing Tableau metrics that will promote a fact-based, decision making culture and will result in constructive actions being taken. This role will spend a significant amount of time collaborating with management in Purchasing, Operations and other departments as required to deliver the appropriate tools and information.
- Extract, cleanse and validate substantial amounts of data in order to present one-version or defined version of the truth
- Build efficient SQL queries that minimize hardware load and expedite information output
- Partner and listen effectively to internal customer’s and deliver empowering information
- Provide insightful analysis derived from examination of fact-based data to the customer
- Develop Tableau metrics that effectively inform department managers with useful information that promotes improvement and growth
- Generate forecasts that are derived from historical sales, international and domestic sales trends, promotions and other sophisticated forecasting criteria
- Design advanced inventory and other business management tools that effectively prescribe and expedite user actions for better results
- Effectively partner with IT and Business Intelligence technical resources to ensure data integrity and system functionality in support of customer’s needs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in accounting, inventory, purchasing and other business areas.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to listen to customer’s needs, gather requirements and effectively deliver insightful data and analysis that will empower decision makers with their processes.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources into cohesive system requirements
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to handle multiple/detail oriented tasks while remaining focused during project ambiguity
- Ability to think logically and constructively in order to develop solutions to challenges
- Ability to travel locally at least one day a week to other locations
- Experience working with Tableau or other similar Dash boarding or Reporting Tools
- Experience with SQL to include proficiency in the following: Running SQL Queries, joining tables, using aggregate functions and grouping data, knowledge of operators, usage of sub queries, and ranking data.
- Intermediate to Advance Excel skills
- Experience with Python, R or other data science related languages
- Experience with ETL concepts or tools such as SSIS, Analytic Canvas & Alteryx
- Generally requires three (3) plus years of "hybrid" work experience combining IT, systems, finance and inventory and proven analytical/technical aptitude evidenced of successful experience in a quantitative role. SQL experience is required,
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Information Systems, Engineering or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. MBA and/or CPA a plus. CBAP designation a plus.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders