The Associate Counsel will provide support to the VP, General Counsel on major legal initiatives for the company in a variety of areas including privacy, general compliance, and contract negotiations.
- Assist General Counsel in overseeing legal matters of the company.
- Provide legal support to various departments in the company.
- Research/analyze industry-specific regulations to assist in implementation of compliance measures
- Assist in evaluating the business impact of legislative, regulatory, and legal developments
- Participate in the development of the company’s policies and procedures
- Negotiate and review contracts for the Company and its affiliates, including manufacturing agreements, purchasing contracts, NDAs, and marketing services agreements
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in privacy, data use and protection laws.
- Support members of the legal, business, and IT teams on privacy and security related matters.
- Provide support in the development of regulatory strategy in relation to global privacy regulations
- Support data and privacy incident response
- Participate and manage internal privacy compliance programs/processes to ensure compliance
- Support the management and operations teams with ongoing and special initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Licensed to practice law in California.
- Highly skilled negotiator and team player
- Effective research and analytical skills
- Experience with privacy laws and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to manage a heavy workload and complete transactions quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work independently on projects, meet aggressive deadlines and juggle multiple matters.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Requires 3 to 5 years of proven legal experience, both in law firm and in-house. Experience with online retail industry a plus.
JD from an accredited law school.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders