Under general supervision, the Purchasing Coordinator (PC) provides clerical support for various purchasing functions. PC’s identify, research, analyze, and resolve purchasing issues with other departments, suppliers, and customers. This is an entry-level position with great opportunity to grow into a Buyer role.
- Maintain potential brand list and assist in coordination of adding new lines
- Acquire, create and maintain supplier and product information in database
- Generate, verify, and manage dynamic price entry, vendor quotes and product changes
- Expedite POs and backorders
- Maintain, follow-up and keep over, Short & Damage (OS&D), Accounts Payable and Receiving issues current
- Document, communicate, and resolve disputes and issues with related departments, suppliers and carriers
- Flow necessary product and vendor information to web department, inventory control, marketing, operations, and accounting
- Review specials and promotions for in-stock position
- Handle incoming emails from Customer Service for applicable category
- Various category related projects as needed and applicable
- Comply with company policies and procedures, including safety, business ethics, and standards of conduct
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong analytical, data management and basic retail math knowledge
- Ability to communicate written and verbally in a professional manner with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Understand ERP systems and supply chain management concepts
- Detail oriented, strong analytical skills, team-player
- Strong MS Office skills including intermediate level Excel skills
Generally requires a minimum of one (1) to two (2) years of experience in warehouse, accounting, buying, planning, and/or data entry; e-commerce experience highly desirable.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue.