The Sr. Director of House brands is responsible for managing the strategic roadmap from product origination, development to launch in an effort to gain the maximum market efficiency. This individual will lead the Madre Labs team while directly overseeing all aspects of the product lifecycle with regards to technology trends, category competition and market demand.
- Establish performance specification, cost and price parameters, market application and sales estimates
- Accountable for active collaboration with Brand Management and Product Development teams to develop a product roadmap that supports iHerb’s strategic vision and creates a significant value to customers while increasing internal efficiencies.
- Translate brand strategies into brand plans by implementing and researching cost effective product manufacturing solutions.
- Work directly with manufacturing facilities to negotiate, establish and streamline cost effective solutions for product development and transportation.
- Provide ongoing leadership, direction, mentoring, and constructive feedback to team members, facilitating their training, and nurturing their ongoing professional development
- Develop and maintain strong vendor relationships while leveraging and negotiating a profitable ROI.
- Partner effectively with counterparts to assist with the review of preliminary concept formulas reviewing ingredient acceptability and appropriate product classification for corporate initiatives and launches.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of expenditure records and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences, in order to inform management of the current status of each project
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory, security, and quality requirements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong interpersonal skills indicative of communicating with a diverse range of individuals
- Ability to create a team from the ground up
- High level of innovation and creativity
- Strong ability to allocate and negotiate with manufacturers and vendors
- Create, organize, and analyze project related data in an effort to communicate information effectively departmentally
- Ability to train and lead a results-oriented team focused on supporting the company’s Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching products
- Generally requires a minimum of 8+ years of direct management experience and 8+ years of consumer product management experience. Marketing experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, marketing or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. MBA or similar advanced degree is preferred, but not required.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders