Would you like to be a part of a team working on building out a catalog of services utilized across web, android, iOS in a highly collaborative environment? Our Data Science team is looking to bring on a talented Software Developer with experience in search and/or large scale high traffic web applications to help enhance our infrastructure for enterprise search and recommendation. In assisting our Data Science team, you will be able to help drive insights from massive online behavioral data as well as produce large scale machine learning models to help us grow our search and recommendation engines.
- Translate business requirements and functional specifications into innovative search solutions, scalable designs, code modules, and software solutions
- Contribute to the technical development, configuration and modification of integrated business and enterprise application solutions
- Develop platform and applications and provide consulting on data technologies like Apache Solr, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Develop applications in Python, Java, and C#
- Implement and scale iHerb’s search engine to our millions of visitors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong computer science background
- Experience building large scale, high traffic web applications
- Hands on experience with Solr, Elasticsearch, or similar search engine technologies
- Hands on experience with big data batch or stream processing technologies (MapRed, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- 5+ years as a professional software engineer using open source or .NET platforms
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and experience with productionizing ML algorithms is a plus.
- Generally requires 5+ years as a professional software engineer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required