Would you like to be a part of a team working on building out a catalog of services utilized across web, android, iOS in a highly collaborative environment? Our Data Science team is looking to bring on a talented Software Engineer with experience in enterprise search and large scale high traffic web applications to help on search service and search optimization in different languages. In assisting our Data Science team, you will be able to help improve user’s search experience through implementing models to optimize on language specific search, drive insights from massive online behavioral data as well as enhancing various aspects of our search service.
- Translate business requirements and functional specifications into innovative search solutions, scalable designs, code modules, and software solutions
- Contribute to the technical development, configuration and modification of integrated business and enterprise application solutions.
- Develop applications using solutions such as Apache Solr, Elasticsearch, MongoDB, and Redis.
- Develop search optimization solutions specific to non-English languages (e.g. Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Russian)
- Develop applications in C#, Python, or Java
The duties and responsibilities described above may provide only a partial description of this position. This is not an exhaustive list of all aspects of the job. Other duties and responsibilities not outlined in this document may be added as necessary or desirable, with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong software engineering background
- Experience building large scale, high traffic web applications
- Hands on experience with Solr, Elasticsearch, or similar search engine technologies
- Hands on experience with big data batch or stream processing technologies (MapRed, Spark, Kafka, etc.)
- 5+ years as a professional software engineer using open source or .NET platforms
- Experience with search engines over non-English languages is a plus.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and experience with productionizing ML algorithms is a plus.
Generally requires 5+ years as a professional software engineer
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science required