The Purchasing Analyst is responsible for assisting in the development of procurement & pricing strategies over multiple categories. This pivotal role will support the analysis of incoming proposals, vendor initiatives, cost scenarios and involve heavy interaction with cross-functional groups within the organization.
- Collaborate with Purchasing, Finance, FP&A, Operations, and Information Technology teams on pricing, inventory and operational processes to support day-to-day and growth initiatives
- Provide direction and analysis to the Purchasing team on pricing, margins, orders, inventory, performance/KPI’s
- Identify overages/shortages, slow selling, excess, aged, and obsolete items and provide recommendations to improve inventory efficiency
- Identify opportunities and deploy solutions to enable purchasing and planning teams to execute processes faster and more efficiently
- Prepare and maintain historic and current YTD supplier spend reports for use in developing sourcing strategies and priorities
- Create, maintain, distribute reporting providing on-going support to buying teams and achieving project milestones
- Use various qualitative and quantitative tools to evaluate information and provide ad hoc reporting and process recommendations
- Collaborate effectively with suppliers and potential suppliers to gather data, develop analytical insights, and sourcing recommendations
- Assist in development of supplier assessments, score cards and other analytics to enable the team to effectively manage supplier performance
- Assist in development of and act as liaison to inbound operations team
- Identify areas for change and makes recommendations while managing multiple demands and competing priorities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to perform analytical analysis with data supported conclusions
- ·Working knowledge of market analysis, sourcing category strategy, supplier relationship management ‘should-cost’ models, and negotiations
- Ability to apply knowledge of multidisciplinary business principles and practices to achieve successful outcomes in cross-functional projects and activities
- Advanced knowledge in Excel
- Generally requires a minimum 5 + years of purchasing and inventory management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.