The Corporate Procurement Specialist will develop, improve, and implement current procurement procedures and policies for non-inventory goods and facilities services. Interface between vendors, suppliers, subcontractors, building owners, property managers and iHerb internal customers to facilitate delivery of quality products and services. Works very closely with other departments to ensure supply levels and non-inventory purchases are managed accordingly.
- Coordinates the preparation of procurement documents and agreements (e.g. purchase requisitions & purchase orders)
- Reviews Purchase Requisition Forms and related New Vendor Addition Forms for completeness and accuracy
- Negotiates with vendors for goods and services, negotiating the best possible price and service guaranteed
- Establishes purchasing policies and procedures
- Manages, or co-manages with iHerb internal resources, vendor relationships and develops new vendor relationships, as needed, to support iHerb.
- Works closely with other business units within iHerb to ensure proper supplies and services are maintained.
- Ensures Purchase Orders (PO’s) are issued with all relevant information included for more efficient receipt and payments of goods and services
- Complies with safety and corporate guidelines on business ethics.
- Support Director of Real Estate, Construction and Procurement and Facilities Project Manager with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Ability to travel, as needed, to other locations to assist with special projects and/or training.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven negotiating skills
- Organizational skills for efficient office control
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts
- Solid decision making skills
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access
Generally, requires a minimum of five to seven (5-7) years of purchasing experience, preferably in a retail or service environment
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.