We are looking to hire a Product Owner who is customer-centric with a proven background in Checkout Basket, Payments and is comfortable being a Product Owner embedded into Agile development teams. The Product Owner is ultimately responsible for checkout/payment functionality, usability and is able to communicate efficiently and effectively with engineering teams to ensure requirements are met.
- Responsible for checkout and payment functionality, creating an enjoyable online buying experience
- Prioritize and document product requirements, user stories and designs for feature enhancements for existing and new application modules while considering the needs of existing customers, competitive market offerings and our overall company strategy.
- Formulate and define project assumptions, objectives and scope based on customer needs
- Ensures checkout/payment specific features/functionality delivered to the production environment meets the acceptance criteria
- Maintain and groom product backlog insuring user stories are well formed with acceptance criteria.
- Manages and sets expectations with stakeholders
- Take an active role in working with development team(s) to ensure defined user stories are reflected in their technical design as projects are broken down into development sprints.
- Take an active role in the estimation, sprint planning, daily scrum, and retrospective meetings.
- Communicate and coordinate with constituents on proposed solutions, project status and timeline for delivery.
- Deliver internal and external product training on new feature enhancements or modules.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Well versed in e-commerce/web driven companies and understands how to meet customer expectations
· Experience integrating with payment gateways/processors or third party payment providers
· Ability to multitask and thrives in a fast paced environment
· Extensive, hands-on experience defining the user checkout experience, and managing requirements for our desktop and mobile platforms
· Ability to write simple queries in SQL
· Strong understanding working in Agile (SCRUM/Kanban) environment
· Strong understanding of UX/UI requirements
· Wire framing basic requirements, mock up the general direction
· Customer first mentality with the knowledge to work with internal groups to make their websites more user friendly
· Excellent written/verbal communication and must work well with others
· Experience with global (US/China/Russia/Japan/Korea) e-commerce companies
Generally Required Four (4) to Seven (7) years of Product Ownership within an E-commerce setting
Bachelor’s Degree Required. A Computer Science degree is highly preferred