The Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible contributing to the reporting and analytics framework of iHerb. This critical role will interact with different business units directly to understand reporting needs and works to deliver reporting, dashboards and analysis. The BI Analyst will create very detailed dashboards for managers and also create high-level dashboards for senior executives.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to obtain information for adhoc/routine reporting and analysis needs. Consider needs and ask incisive questions to uncover requirements
- Develop dashboards that provide a clear view of the business by visually translating complex data into actionable insights
- Perform qualitative and quantitative analysis that provides meaningful insights and synthesized recommendations to support informed decision-making
- Communicate data related information succinctly and effectively that is geared to the intended audience for maximum benefit
- Monitor published information regularly and follow-up timely when corrections are necessary to ensure reporting accuracy and integrity at all times
- Work in unison with Strategic Finance to define data and develop data architecture for the purpose of producing reports efficiently and accurately
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understands accrual based accounting. Able to read and understand financial statements.
- Experience developing reports and dashboards utilizing visualization tools
- Ability to perform analysis with data supported conclusions
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Able to organize and prioritize work, meet tight dead-lines
- Proponent of developing a data-driven culture and supporting other team members
- Ability to Travel (Local) – At least one day a week to other location
- Understands principles of GAAP accounting and performing reconciliations
- Understands data architecture within relational database environment
- Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Extract, cleanse and validate data using SQL
- Proficient in writing SQL script, reducing run-time
- Knowledge of using ETL tools, SSIS, Alteryx
- Experience developing dashboards and reports, Tableau, SSRS
Generally requires a minimum of three (3) plus years of "hybrid" experience combining IT, systems, finance and inventory.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Information Systems, Engineering or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. MBA and/or CPA a plus. CBAP designation a plus.