The Director of eCommerce Fraud Prevention directs all facets of iHerb’s fraud prevention efforts in a card not present environment. The Director’s main goal is to to drive responsible growth through the analysis of data and strategic thinking. This specialized role requires a combination of business experience, technical abilities, analytics, and ensuring fraud rates are maintained at acceptable levels while minimizing customer friction in an online retail environment.
- Direct day to day operations and responsibilities of eCommerce Fraud Prevention Team with assistance from eCommerce Fraud Prevention Manager and/or Supervisor.
- Identify and build metrics for KPI reports and dashboards to monitor and benchmark fraud rates, chargebacks and team performance
- Research fraud and user behavior, both existing and emerging, driving the optimization and improvement of fraud prevention mechanisms, processes and tools that minimize chargebacks and fraudulent activity and as well as customer friction in the ordering and fulfillment process.
- Takes ownership of iHerb’s eCommerce Fraud Prevention System and related risk policy, collaborating with internal partners in Customer Service, IT, Legal, and Finance to continually adapt to and mitigate future trends and improve understanding of eCommerce risk management.
- Partner with Marketing & Customer Service departments to mitigate eCommerce ‘friendly fraud’ related to affiliate and customer rewards programs.
- Partner with legal department to actively manage trademark infringement situations by iHerb’s customers related to social media platforms and domain registrations.
- Develop and execute training programs for the eCommerce Fraud Prevention Team, creating and maintaining procedures for eCommerce risk mitigation.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining service level agreements with business level partners.
- Direct eCommerce chargeback process.
- Cooperate and/or work jointly with eCommerce risk counterparts including banks, credit card merchants, customer service team, and law enforcement.
- Stay abreast of current and emerging trends in eCommerce card not present fraud prevention to ensure subject matter expertise.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven track record of process improvements in eCommerce fraud and risk management.
- Data-driven decision-making mentality and sound business judgement
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
- Ability to identify patterns and formalize complex ideas into simple stories.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Subject matter expert understanding of fraud and abuse dynamics in online platforms.
- Team player, able to inspire and influence others’ behaviors towards company goals.
- Experience with real-time, eCommerce fraud detection, and prevention tools preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and have excellent organizational skills that require minimal daily supervision.
- MS Office and Google Docs, CRM tools experience preferred. Strong Excel skills.
- SQL and Tableau (or other Business Intelligence tools) Proficiency, a plus.
- Generally requires a minimum of seven (7) to ten (10) years in fraud credit/debit cards investigations, preferably in an e-Commerce environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Applied Mathematics, Analytics, Statistics, etc. or related field preferred or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders