THIS POSITION CAN WORK OUT OF PERRIS, CA OR PASADENA, CA
The Payroll Manager establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information; managing staff.
- Ensure that weekly, semi-monthly and monthly payroll for all team members are processed and paid timely
- Work closely with the Human Resources department to ensure pay structure for all team members are accurate
- Ensure that time-keeping system is functioning accurately
- Work closely with payroll service provider to ensure fees are appropriately charged
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Ensure that reporting for payroll journal entries are accurate and provided timely to the general accounting staff
- Ensure that hourly team member PTO hours are accrued accurately each month
- Manage the Aline card program to ensure adequate funds are maintained
- Track team member loans to ensure payments are accurately deducted on paychecks
- Supports budget and forecasting activities
- Monitors and analyzes department work to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Advises staff regarding the handling of non-routine reporting transactions
- Work with the Corporate Controller to ensure a clean and timely year end audit
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department
- Provide training to new and existing staff as needed
- Work with each direct report to establish goals and objectives for each year and monitor and advise on the progress to enhance the professional development of staff
- Support VP, Corporate Controller with special projects and workflow process improvements
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of ADP Workforce Now and Workday HCM preferred
Generally requires a minimum of five (5) to seven (7) years of general accounting experience with at least four (4) years in a supervisory role.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. CPP certification a plus.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.