Under general supervision the Junior Web Performance Engineer will function as a key-member of our Technology Department while collaborating with several stake-holders to maintain the performance of our global e-commerce platform. The Junior Web Performance engineer should be familiar with web and networking protocols and can decipher browser behavior and how it renders. The Junior Web Performance Engineer should be innovative, smart and be able to interpret performance reports.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end services
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Development and Integration of user-facing elements with server side logic
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Design and implementation of low-latency, high-availability, and performance applications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiar with web protocols and networking (TCP/IP HTTP/HTTP2 protocols).
- Familiar with navigation timings from navigation start, DNS, TCP handshaking, DOM Loading, DOM loaded
- Familiar with website optimization rules.
- Understanding of how the traffic passes the internet.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around such issues
- Familiar with web caching techniques
- Familiar with network performance analysis tools like Chrome Dev Tools ,Wireshark,,.,
- Familiar with Performance Best Practices in the HTTP/2
- Generally requires 1-3 years of experience as a Web Developer
Bachelor’s Degree Required. An Emphasis in Computer Science Preferred