The Global Logistics Specialist will coordinate, in English plus other foreign languages, with various international logistics companies to ensure international outbound shipments are processed fast and economically.
· Reporting to the Global Logistics Manager, any discrepancies of lost shipments, customs issues, and working with various freight forwarders and logistics vendors to ensure shipments are properly sent to their correct destination and on time
· Prepare weekly activity report to track shipments and send to the Accounting Department and the team’s management
· Research on lost shipments, broken items and tracking items between custom brokers and the company
· Follow-up with freight forwarders and other vendors on a daily basis to ensure timely flow of the shipments
· Perform audits to review logistics processes with the management team when needed
· Obtain quotes to prepare and send weekly vendor pricing update report to the Accounting Department and the team management
· Translate documents
· Attend corporate meetings when translation is necessary
· Support special project when needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Interpersonal skills
· Communication skills – must be able to speak, read and write in the native country’s language
· Listening skills
· Problem analysis and problem-solving
· Attention to detail and accuracy
· Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
· Stress tolerance
· Computer literate
Generally requires a minimum of two (2) years of related experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders.