We are looking to hire a Mobile Product Owner to participate in the creation of new products and features from the idea stage to launch for our global E-Commerce mobile platforms (mobile website, iOS app, Android app). The Mobile Product Owner will be the liaison between different stakeholders to help create user stories and functional specifications to support user processes. The Mobile Product Owner is ultimately responsible for product functionality and usability and is able to communicate efficiently and effectively with engineering team to make sure requirements are met
- Delivers in a short period with little guidance relative to work complexity
- Embraces an agile mindset and keeps a positive outlook when facing opposition or change
- Clearly communicates project status and technical concepts with others. Provides regular updates and estimated time of completion
- Can complete complex work with little direction
- Contributes to discussions on design of new mobile functionality and expanding existing functionality
- Understand Business and create requirement documentation to support product development and maintenance
- Write stories and epics, or PRD/FSD, to define requirements
- Strong team player with ability to multi-task, prioritize and be ready to wear multiple hats
- Works with team in design sessions and during deployment planning to ensure compliance with PCI and other pertinent standards.
- Prioritize and document product requirements, user stories and designs for feature enhancements for existing and new application modules while considering the needs of existing customers, competitive market offerings and our overall company strategy.
- Maintain and groom product backlog insuring user stories are well formed with acceptance criteria.
- Take an active role in working with development team(s) to insure defined user stories are reflected in their technical design as projects are broken down into development sprints.
- Participate in estimation, daily scrum and retrospective meetings
- Communicate and coordinate with constituents on proposed solutions, project status and timeline for delivery.
- Deliver internal and external product training on new feature enhancements or modules
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be proficient in all aspects of the SDLC, especially in mobile products
- Experience completing Buy vs Build analysis
- Experience developing product strategy with a strong aptitude for determining optimal market positioning
- Understand customer needs, gather details for initiatives and document supporting business cases
- Has lead the development and launch of moderately complex products
- Has an understanding of development technologies and distributed web-based systems
- Can establish and track KPIs that demonstrate the overall health of a product portfolio
- Generally Required Four (4) to Seven (7) years of Product Ownership within an E-commerce setting
Bachelor’s Degree Required. An emphasis in Computer Science is highly preferred