The UI/UX Designer will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade e-commerce systems on top of desktop and mobile platforms. The UI/UX Designer is responsible for bringing concepts to reality through the use of various visualization practices such as wireframes, mockups and HTML prototypes. The successful candidate will apply their UX expertise to help quantify the voice of our customer through the use of A/B testing and analytic tools.
- Develop UX/UI documentation such as site outlines, process flows, sketches, scenarios, personas, wireframes and navigation models for web, desktop, and mobile applications to define functionality and user behavior.
- Brainstorm and collaborate with Business Owners, Product Managers, Developers and other stakeholders to determine user interface needs.
- Possess a good working knowledge about emerging user interface / interaction design standards and best practices.
- Use a data-driven approach and analysis for design experiences.
- Partner with our Development Team to ensure technical feasibility and flawless implementation.
- Review applications throughout the development lifecycle to ensure integrity of information architecture and usability guidelines
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Familiarity with newer technologies (React, Redux, Etc…)
- Experience with A/B testing
- Experience with graphic development software (Photoshop, ImageReady, Illustrator etc.)
- In depth knowledge and experience of static wireframes, lo-fi prototypes, and hi-fi interactive prototypes of the user experience as part of a user centered design process
- Experience with agile development methodologies
- Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
- Experience designing for mobile platforms
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
- Google Analytics
- Experience with e-commerce
- Knowledge and experience in information design, interface design, flowcharting, storyboarding, human factors or human computer interaction, and usability
Generally Requires the Following:
- a minimum of two(2) to three(3) years of experience as a UX/UI Designer
- A portfolio demonstrating experience with complex applications
- Ability to cut through ambiguity and use good organizational skills.
- A passion for being the voice of the user and a proven track-record building user-centric solutions.
- Demonstrated experience using best practices for web and mobile information architecture and design.
Bachelor’s Degree in Art, UI/UX Design or related field required, or equivalent work experience