IT Helpdesk Supervisor will maintain and monitor end-user workstations and productivity on local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations, printers and network performance meet company and user requirements. Supervise and assist local IT Technicians with their tasks. Provide support to staff on all company-supported software and applications, including 3rd party applications and in-house developed applications. Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action. Complete application project-based work. Perform responsibilities in accordance with all company standards, policies and procedures by doing the following duties.
- Supervise all help desk staff and technical workers at the company facility.
- Schedule direct reports to cover operational needs and manage timecard for said employees.
- Screen and field incoming help requests from end-users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner
- Support end-user workstation, laptops, thin clients and printers.
- Provide support to the end-user with the Warehouse Management System (WMS) and back office software solutions.
- Triage issues with warehouse automation and associated software.
- Work directly with software development to ensure quick resolutions to software issues
- Supports end-user activities on a primarily Microsoft Windows-based local area network (LAN) utilizing TCP/IP
- Investigate user problems and identifies their source, determines possible solutions, tests and implements solutions
- Install, configure and maintain Company computers, network printers, file servers, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, software and systems
- Perform and/or oversee software and application installation and upgrades
- Plan and implement network security, including configuring VPN Clients, file permissions, and adding and deleting users
- Troubleshoots TCP/IP Networks, computer systems and applications to resolve issues and other operational difficulties
- Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems and other applications; assists users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems
- Assist personnel of other departments with all hardware/software related questions/issues
- Provide computer orientation to new and existing company staff
- Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the end-users on the network
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical personnel.
- Ability to communicate and manage a team of IT technicians.
- Ability to install, configure and maintain personal computers, networks and related hardware and software
- Ability to track and diagnose software installation and run-time issues.
- Experience in working with SQL databases and run queries in order to be able to troubleshoot or resolve a software issue.
- Knowledge of computer and/or network systems, applications, procedures and techniques
- Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operations problems
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and support new systems and applications
- Generally requires a minimum of five (5) years of warehouse IT experience and two (2) years as IT supervisor or manager. Experience in software development would be an advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems or related field required. Microsoft (MCSA or MCSE) and/or Cisco (CCENT or CCNA) Certification preferred.