We are currently seeking an experienced and flexible Agile Project Manager to be responsible for the day to day project management and leadership activities related to project planning and execution for initiatives across our business and IT departments. This role requires solid, practical experience with the techniques and approaches in guiding and supporting cross department project teams. The Agile PM collaborates with their team members, including but not limited to Product Owners, Developers, Designers and business stakeholders. They are also responsible for identifying and removing impediments, facilitating discussions for making appropriate process decisions, and creating solutions to overcome obstacles.
- Manages multiple projects ranging from small to large scale through sprints/iterations, or traditional project management best practices.
- Interact with senior level management to establish project teams, scope, requirements, plans, and understand stakeholder expectations.
- Manage projects across a geographically and culturally diverse organization.
- Travels between locations for stakeholder assessments, trainings, and meetings, as needed.
- Coordinates project management activities inside/outside of our organization. May include cultural awareness to ensure international relationships are established and maintained. Responsible for effective negotiation and communications across multiple functional areas and levels; may involve external development or customer teams.
- May negotiate with technology or other functional areas for project resources or subject matter expertise. Identifies and assigns resources for project delivery, testing, requirements, and other project related activities.
- Provide periodic status reports to management and provide senior level presentations on program status which may include milestone achievements, financials, progress of deliverables, risks and issues.
- Develops and tracks program and/or project schedules to drive projects through all phases of the lifecycle
- Identifies and makes recommendations for improvement to existing processes and procedures.
- Ability to negotiate and communicate with various functions (ie. sales, marketing, customer service, legal, finance, human resources) and customer teams, if applicable.
- May assist the Product Management team in breaking down projects into stories and project releases.
- Acts as Program Manager, Scrum Master, Agile Coach, or Proxy for Product Owner.
- Removes all obstacles that may interfere with the ability of the teams' to deliver assigned goals.
- Analyzes project data and Agile metrics. Uses data and knowledge gained to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Mentors team members and provides guidance in Agile processes and team interactions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience with managing a diverse set of projects and programs including projects related to Artificial Intelligence and Data Science, Warehouse Management, Global Logistics, Web and Mobile UI/UX, eCommerce, Human Resources, Finance, etc.
- Understanding of Agile and Traditional Program and Project Management best practices.
- Strong meeting facilitation skills and have the ability to kickoff large scale enterprise programs and projects.
- Experience with developing and deploying software in a rapid delivery and agile environment.
- Experience with coordination with off-shore and collocated teams.
- Understanding of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, change management, quality assurance, and release management.
- Experience with Service Oriented Architecture frameworks.
- Experience with agile development methodologies.
- Experience designing for multiple software platforms.
- Experience with application lifecycle management systems (TFS, Rally, Jira, VersionOne, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience working with project teams to create appropriate deliverables to plan and execute programs, projects, phases, and releases.
- Knowledge of determining resource requirements (people, equipment, materials) and estimated cost of such resources.
- Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders.
- Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes.
- Experience with e-commerce
- Experience with test automation techniques and tools
- Experience with continuous integration and test driven development/design practices.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Scrum Master Certification (CSM)
- Generally requires 5-8 years of experience leading Traditional and Agile projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required. Masters of Science or Masters of Business Administration highly preferred