Reporting directly to the VP of Operations this position must aim to maximize iHerb’s growth and profitability for his/her facility. This includes implementing potentially profitable short- and long-term initiatives and processes to optimize workflow, including the submission, review and approval of plans to control budget spending, labor efficiency, material efficiency, workflow efficiencies, and new areas of technology and customer service efficiency. This position also collaborates with other company departments and segments of management to establish and execute responsibilities.
- Advise the executive management team on key planning issues and make recommendations on important business decisions, strategic planning, and resource allocation
- Establish operational processes/ process improvement initiatives
- Ensure quality control of all facility output as it pertains to customer satisfaction and delivery of services
- Establish and monitor performance reporting systems
- Conduct regular meetings with department heads to ensure that priorities are clear and coordination is good
- Ensure activities comply with organizational requirements for quality management, legal stipulations and general duty of care
- Facilitate resolution of issues between departments
- Take charge in high-priority crises
- Direct facility operations to meet budget and other financial goals
- Direct short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business goals
- Establish the performance goals, allocate resources, and assess policies for senior management
- Demonstrate successful execution of business strategies for company products and services
- Guide development of organization through high growth as well as stable growth phases
- Direct and participate in acquisition and growth/expansion activities to support overall business objectives and plans
- Participate in capital market development, including participation in road shows, bank meetings, analyst meetings and more
- Develop, establish, and direct execution of operating policies to support overall company policies and objectives
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
- Solid working knowledge of e-Commerce operations, budgeting, customer service, IT, business development, and strategic planning
- Ability to generate respect and trust from peer groups, support staff and external constituencies
- Ability to lead, plan and manage change
- Must be able to travel
- Strong grasp of business strategy and ability to prioritize opportunities
- Demonstrated success in managing and developing direct reports
- Critical thinker, strong at problem solving
- Excellent process improvement capability
- Intellectually savvy – ability to translate conceptual ideas and concepts to practical use
Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required
Generally requires a minimum of ten (10) years B2C e-Commerce senior operations management experience.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc. is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb. com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99. 9% issue free orders