The Paralegal will work closely the General Counsel on a variety of legal issues to provide assistance in the new created and growing Legal/Compliance group. The issues vary from reviewing a variety of contracts (including NDA and vendor agreements), drafting legal and other correspondence, administering internal compliance procedures/documentation, coordinating legal work with internal departments, and working closely with outside counsel. The position requires great multi-taking skills and ability to properly prioritize various assignments according to the company’s needs.
- Create, maintain and update legal/compliance database
- Review and revise contracts such as NDAs and vendor agreements
- Coordinate all aspects of contract administration, negotiation, execution and management, including routing for signature, distribution and maintenance of contracts database
- Work with the IT group to administer documents in relation to privacy compliance requirements
- Work with outside counsel in relation to a variety of legal issues to support the General Counsel
- Provide litigation support to the legal team
- Provide support to General Counsel in a variety of international legal issues related to the company’s continued growth
- Work closely with integrating the legal/compliance team within the organization by helping foster good relationships with all departments within the company
- Give assistance as requested by General Counsel or the iHerb Executive Team
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and writing skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Team-oriented mindset and strong work ethic
- Ability to multitask
- Interest in the legal field as demonstrated through undergraduate coursework, extracurricular activities or jobs and internships
- Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft office software (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.).
- Ability to use fax, copier, computer and other office-related equipment
- Generally requires a minimum of 5 years in a corporate paralegal role in an in-house corporate legal department and/or a large law firm reviewing and administering contracts. International experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Paralegal Studies or related field preferred, or a combination of education and equivalent work experience. Paralegal Certification is preferred.
Please Note: At this time we are not offering any employer-sponsored work authorization.
iHerb Inc.is a leading online retailer of nutritional supplement and wellness products (vitamins, minerals, herbs, botanicals, bath and beauty, pet care, sports nutrition and children's health). Via its e-Commerce website, iHerb.com delivers 35,000 products from over 1,500 brands direct to the customer in more than 180 countries. iHerb carries trusted brands customers love around the world.
iHerb's growth has been recognized by Internet Retailer as a top 500 e-Commerce provider in North America and recently as a top 300 mobile commerce business in the world. In 2013 Google bestowed iHerb with its Google Trusted Store designation having shipped over 1,000,000 orders to customers in the US market with a 98% on-time shipping and a 99.9% issue free orders